Care with olive oil
There are some popular remedies, handed down by our grandparents for the treatment of little complaints.
- Tiredness: Rub non-mature olive oil to your spinal column, repeat several times and you achieve improvement.
- Colitis and liver: Take every morning empty-stomached a teaspoon of Oil.
- Ear infection: Drip 2 drops of lukewarm olive oil into the auditory canal and close with a wad of cotton wool so that nothing runs out.
- Rheumatism: Stir olive oil with camphor until you get a liquid mixture, then massage into the aching parts and you will immediately get alleviation.
- Inflammation of the gums: to ease complaints of the gums it is very useful to chew fresh olive leaves.
- Fever: Boil 80g olive leaves in one litre of water for 20 minutes, let it rest for 24 hours and then filter it all. Drink one glass in the course of the day, add little sugar if you want.
- Cosmetic use: The olive oil and its derivatives are useful also for cosmetic use. To prepare yourself a mask to apply on your face for 30 minutes, do as follows: - for oily skin: mix 2 spoons of olive oil with 2 spoon of cucumber juice and the white of an egg, apply to the skin; - for dry skin: melt 50g of olive oil, 40g of pure beeswax and 50g of almond oil, mix it then add 20 drops of lavender oil, apply to the skin.